Chapter 04: Blockchain, An Evolution Of Applied Cryptography
Cryptography is the product of centuries of intellectual evolution, and the technical backbone of Bitcoin and other blockchains runs back to the mid-20th century. Blockchain is as a revolution in this long lineage cryptography, and it solves many of the critical issues identified by professional cryptographers, such as timestamping and key distribution, most of which are still listed in today's cryptography textbooks.
- Historic cryptographers, scholars, and information theorists whose work was integrated in Bitcoin
- Major players involved in Bitcoin
- Innovations since Bitcoin
- The new cryptographic sandbox and how blockchain has become the forefront of cryptography research
- Cryptographic solutions that were impossible pre-blockchain